Excelsior has sailed over 15,000 miles since completion
of her restoration in 1989. From Faroe to Portugal, Cork to the Baltic.
Excelsior is certified by the Department of Transport to go worldwide.
Who Sails Excelsior?
In her first four years over 1,500 people from all walks of life, sailed
aboard Excelsior and 90% of groups rebooked. She sails with a professional
crew of five - skipper, mate bosun, cook and watchkeeper.
There are 12 berths aboard. However, up to 18 people can be accomodated
for day sails in sheltered waters.
Group sailings have included parties from:
- State and private schools
- Princes Trust, Scouts and Boys Brigade
- Church and family groups
- Banking, business and industry
- Trainees from corporate organisations and small firms (Corporate assessment
courses can be arranged).
You do not need to have had any experience of
sailing or the sea.
- From all walks of life
- No age limit, 80 year olds have sailed aboard
- Youngsters are welcome, but under 16 years old must be accompanied
by an adult
- Group sponsorship and individual bursaries may be available.